INSPIRED BY KNEPP EXHIBITION
4-17 May 2024 – Knepp Castle Estate, East Sussex
For a dozen glorious spring days, the Knepp Rewilding Project will play to host a group of 12 artists. Their exhibition, called ‘Inspired By Knepp’, will show individual artworks that celebrate and champion the rewilding movement. Profits from the artworks sold will be split between the artists and the Knepp Wildland Foundation charity.
The exhibition runs from the Knepp Estate 4-16 May and is open daily, between 10am-5pm. Entry will be free, and you can also visit the Wilding Kitchen and Shop and explore the Knepp Estate grounds yourself, using the designated footpaths.
Over the last few months, the artists have been given safari-like tours and spent several days exploring the estate. This exhibition will show each artist’s response to their time spent immersed within the inspirational, transformed and thriving landscape.
Art exhibition details:
- Free entry
- 4-16 May, between 10am and 5pm every day
- Located at the Gathering, at the Knepp Wilding Kitchen and Shop
- Worthing Road, Dial Post, RH13 8NQ
- what3words: intricate.variety.weeds
Meet the artists:
In addition to the exhibition, there will be a series of workshops and demonstrations to help allow members of the public to connect with their creative sides, as well as with nature.
This is the list of workshops that we will be running. Bookings will soon be open:
- Clay animal portraits with James Ort
- Watercolour wildlife & birds with Tom Shepherd
- Introduction to lino-printing workshop with Lizzie Wheeler
- Learn how to draw Knepp’s flora and fauna in stitches with Harriet Riddell
- Painting with earth – a process towards rewilding art and life with Peter Ward
- Drawing trees zoom workshop with Jake Spicer
- Landscape painting demonstration with Hester Berry, accompanied by live music from David Smales who will be playing the Koto – a sublime Japanese string instrument.